Group Benefits – more than just drug coverage!
When I meet with new prospects to discuss group benefits, they are often surprised at how broad the health care coverage is. Many people who have never had a group health plan think they only cover prescription medications. This is far from true.
Some of the areas covered by a group benefit health plan:
- Prescription medication
- Home Care Nursing
- Paramedicals – chiropractor, massage, physiotherapy, psychologist, registered dietician, naturopath, osteopath, acupuncture, etc.
- Orthotics / Orthopaedic shoes
- Travel Insurance (out of country emergency medical treatment)
- Diabetes, ileostomy, colostomy supplies
- Dental repairs resulting from an accident
- Semi-Private hospital room
- Medical Equipment (rental / purchase) – wheelchairs, crutches, oxygen, etc.
- Eye Exams / Eye glasses
- Ambulance transportation
- Hearing aids
- Speech aids
- Diagnostic x-rays and lab tests
- Respirator and oxygen
- And more!