Group Benefits – more than just drug coverage!
When we meet with organizations to discuss group benefits, they are often surprised at how broad the health care coverage is. Many people who have never had a group health plan think they only cover prescription medications. This is far from true.
Some of the areas covered by a group benefit health plan:
- Prescription medication
- Home Care Nursing
- Paramedicals – chiropractor, massage, physiotherapy, psychologist, registered dietician, naturopath, osteopath, acupuncture, etc.
- Orthotics / Orthopaedic shoes
- Travel Insurance (out of country emergency medical treatment)
- Diabetes, ileostomy, colostomy supplies
- Dental repairs resulting from an accident
- Semi-Private hospital room
- Medical Equipment (rental / purchase) – wheelchairs, crutches, oxygen, etc.
- Eye Exams / Eye glasses
- Ambulance transportation
- Hearing aids
- Speech aids
- Diagnostic x-rays and lab tests
- Respirator and oxygen
- And more!